Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- Credit: Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue
A man sustained serious injuries after a two-vehicle collision on the A47 at Thorney.
Police officers attended the scene on Tuesday, January 19 after reports of a collision between a BMW and a Ford Focus.
Paramedics were also in attendance as one man was taken to hospital following the incident.
There were also reports that motorists were forced to divert westbound towards Peterborough after the incident occurred on the eastbound side of the carriageway.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesperson said: “We were called at 4.30pm to reports of a two-vehicle collision on the eastbound carriageway of the A47 at Thorney.
“The collision involved a black BMW and a blue Ford Focus.”
They added: “Officers attended, together with paramedics and one man was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious but non life-threatening injuries.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named