Man serving life at Whitemoor Prison, March, for ‘Midsomer’ murder dies at Papworth Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man serving a life sentence at Whitemoor Prison, March, for clubbing a 67 year-old woman to death with a golf club and video recorder, has died at Papworth Hospital.
Benjamin Radojevic, 29, whose address was given by the coroner as “Longhill Road, March” died at Papworth on May 26.
An inquest was opened and adjourned on Wednesday pending further inquiries by coroner William Morris.
The cause of death is provisionally given as:
1a. Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome
You may also want to watch:
1b. Acute Aortic Dissection (operated on)
1c. Marfan Syndrome
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
2. Cerebral Infarcts
Radojevic, who previously lived in Hilldesdon Road, Gawcott, Buckinghamshire, murdered a fellow villager, Sally Hingston, 67, in August 2008. Her body was found in a field two miles from her home.
After being found guilty of the murder in 2010 at Reading Crown Court, the judge ordered that Radojevic should spend at least 21 years behind bars.
A post-mortem examination found Mrs Hingston died from multiple injuries caused by being beaten with a golf club and a video recorder.
Speaking after the verdict, Det Ch Insp Peter Vigurs of Thames Valley Police said Radojevic had never given a motive for the attack.
Gawcott was used by ITV for the filming of their crime drama ‘Midsomer Murders’, starring John Nettles
* Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a life-threatening medical condition where the lungs cannot provide enough oxygen for the rest of the body.
* Aortic dissection is when there is a separation of the aorta walls. One outcome is often bleeding along the aorta wall, which is the main artery which carries blood to the wall.
* Marfan syndrome is a non curable genetic condition that affects the body’s connective tissues.