Man stashed drugs in his pants after police spotted him dealing in March
- Credit: Archant
A man who was spotted dealing drugs then tried to conceal the stash in his pants has been jailed for three years.
Robert Fitzjohn, 37, was seen by plain clothed officers talking to a man in a vehicle and acting suspiciously in Elwyn Road in March on October 10.
A search revealed a quantity of drugs worth around £1,000 in the vehicle and also in Fitzjohn’s underpants. He was also in possession of more than £400 in cash.
Detective Constable Chris Smith said: “We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to drugs and our priority is to remove dealers. I hope this sends a clear message to those who think this kind of behaviour is acceptable.”
Officers later conducted a search of his home and discovered large quantities of cash.
You may also want to watch:
Fitzjohn, of Deerfield Road in March, today (November 9) pleaded guilty to possession of heroin with intent to supply at Peterborough Crown Court.
He was sentenced to three years in prison.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
More than £7,000 in cash was also confiscated from Fitzjohn as a result of the Proceeds of Crime Act.