Man taken to hospital after Suzuki car leaves A141 near Fenland town and ends in ditch
A MAN was cut out of a car and taken to hospital today after the vehicle he was travelling in left a Fenland road and ended in a ditch.
The red Suzuki Swift was found on its side in a dry-ditch 20ft away from the A141 near Westry, March, at around 12.35am.
Two fire crews from March, one from Wisbech and a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe attended the single-car accident.
The man, believed to be in his 30s, was cut out of the vehicle with specialist cutting equipment. He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
A woman had exited the vehicle before police, fire and ambulance crews arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters had returned to their stations by 1.50am.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met