Man taken to hospital after Suzuki car leaves A141 near Fenland town and ends in ditch
A MAN was cut out of a car and taken to hospital today after the vehicle he was travelling in left a Fenland road and ended in a ditch.
The red Suzuki Swift was found on its side in a dry-ditch 20ft away from the A141 near Westry, March, at around 12.35am.
Two fire crews from March, one from Wisbech and a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe attended the single-car accident.
The man, believed to be in his 30s, was cut out of the vehicle with specialist cutting equipment. He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
A woman had exited the vehicle before police, fire and ambulance crews arrived.
Firefighters had returned to their stations by 1.50am.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Could you give these pets a home?