Man threw punch after infidelity claim
AFTER seeing England knocked out of the World Cup by Portugal, Ricky Klemis was wound up when his girlfriend s brother accused him of infidelity. He punched Daniel Woolnough in the face during an incident in March town centre in the early hours of the m
AFTER seeing England knocked out of the World Cup by Portugal, Ricky Klemis was "wound up" when his girlfriend's brother accused him of infidelity.
He punched Daniel Woolnough in the face during an incident in March town centre in the early hours of the morning.
CCTV operators alerted police, and officers escorted 19-year-old Klemis away.
He later explained how he had been drinking all afternoon when watching football, and then continued drinking at a night club.
You may also want to watch:
"Daniel accused Ricky Klemis of going out with another girl, and he took exception to that," said solicitor Roger Glazebrook. "He went over and gave him just one punch."
Mr Woolnough had not made a complaint and Klemis had apologised. They were back on good terms, he added.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Klemis, of Highfield Road, March, admitted assault and was fined £120 with £55 costs.