Man treated by paramedics after fire at Witchford pub

Fire engine

Fire engine - Credit: Archant

A FIRE at a pub in Witchford left one man needing treatment for smoke inhalation.

Two crews from Ely were called to a fire in The Village Inn, in Main Street, believed to have started in a kitchen fryer.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and extinguishers to put out the blaze.

A 24-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation by the ambulance service.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service: “The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally, by a fault in a gas appliance.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter