Man urges Roddons to fix the heating at his brother’s March bungalow before he is released from hospital for a chest infection
- Credit: Archant
A man is calling for Roddons to fix the heating at his brother’s home before he is released from hospital after suffering a chronic chest infection.
Mel Walker is urging for the housing association to get the heating and hot water fixed before his 73 year old brother David is allowed to come back to his March bungalow.
Roddons have told him they will give him fans to heat the home at Springfield Avenue and will sort it when he is back from hospital.
But Mel cannot understand why they cannot do it now before David, who uses an electric scooter to get around, returns.
Mel said: “He is in hospital for a bad chest infection. He needs heating. Surely now is the perfect chance to sort it out.
You may also want to watch:
“I rang them and they told me it would be a 24 hour call out.
“I explained he wasn’t well and to call me, if they rang I could be there whenever they needed.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
“But nothing happened so I phoned again a few days later. They said somebody had been round - but I reiterated nobody was there as David was in hospital and they should call me if they needed somebody to be there.
“This is an emergency - fans are not safe enough for a man who is not very mobile.
“It’s disconcerting to think he pays rent but when a problem hits they don’t seem to be able to sort it.”
A roddons spokesman said: We are sorry for the confusion and inconvenience caused when trying to access Mr Walker’s home.
“We do not have an issue in arranging access with relatives and we have instructed our gas contractor to call Mr Walker’s brother to set up a convenient time to visit.”
They added that within 24 hours of our call a contractor had been out to the home to look at the work that needs doing.