Man wanted on suspicion of Peterborough murder arrested by Cambridgeshire police in Ely
POLICE swooped in Ely on Friday night and arrested a man suspected of a Peterborough murder.
The arrested man was taken back to Thorpe Wood police station in the city where he was questioned on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
Today police have confirmed that the suspect, 21 year-old Andrejus Rulyevas has been charged with murder and with attempted murder. He will face magistrates in Peterborough tomorrow (Monday).
The police investigation began after Saulius Grigoravicius, 20, died following a stabbing last Wednesday at a house in Gilpin Street, Peterborough.
Another man, also thought to be the same age, was seriously hurt was rushed to hospital, also it is thought with stab wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police have not given out details of where Ruluevas was arrested in Ely.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 3 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told