Man who attacked and raped woman on her way to work jailed for eight years
A MAN who attacked and raped a woman as she walked along a cycle path was jailed for eight years yesterday.
Artur Piotr Kleibor, 22, admitted carrying out the attack on May 19 2009 when he appeared at Peterborough Crown Court in December.
He grabbed his 27-year-old victim from behind as she was walking to work on the path, near Gresley Way, Westwood, Peterborough, at around 3.20am. He forced her to the ground and throttled her until she fell unconscious.
When she regained consciousness she phoned for help and the police were called. Kleibor was arrested at his home on September 24.
Kleibor, of Brookfurlong, Peterborough, was jailed for eight years and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for life by Judge Nicholas Coleman.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Simon Harding, who led the investigation, said: “This attack must have been a horrifying ordeal for the victim and our thoughts are with her and her family.
“We hope the conclusion of this case will give her some sense of closure, knowing that justice has been done.”
- 1 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 9 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 10 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash