Man who died in Whittlesey crash named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man who died following a crash on Ramsey Road, Whittlesey in the early hours of Tuesday has been named.
Mark Collin, 51, of Stonald Avenue, Whittlesey, died at the scene when his vehicle, a green Nissan Primera, was involved in a collision with a black Audi S3.
The driver of the Audi, which had been stolen from the Northamptonshire area, has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and remains in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
It is believed that two other people made off from the Audi and police are trying to trace them.
The road was closed for several hours and reopened at around 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the collision should call the Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 56 of August 1, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award