Man who died in Whittlesey crash named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man who died following a crash on Ramsey Road, Whittlesey in the early hours of Tuesday has been named.
Mark Collin, 51, of Stonald Avenue, Whittlesey, died at the scene when his vehicle, a green Nissan Primera, was involved in a collision with a black Audi S3.
The driver of the Audi, which had been stolen from the Northamptonshire area, has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and remains in custody at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
It is believed that two other people made off from the Audi and police are trying to trace them.
The road was closed for several hours and reopened at around 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the collision should call the Road Policing Unit on 101 quoting incident 56 of August 1, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter