Man who distributed indecent movies of children jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who distributed 30 indecent movies of children on his computer has been jailed for 16 months.
Christian Burton, 35, of Bottels Road, Warboys, was sentenced yesterday at Peterborough Crown Court.
He was also made subject of a Sexual Offences Prevention Order and put on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.
Burton pleaded guilty to three counts of possessing indecent images, one count of possession of indecent images with the intent to distribute, four counts of making indecent images, one possession of a prohibited image of child and one possession of an extreme pornographic image, at an earlier hearing.
He possessed indecent images of children and made them available for distribution via Limewire, a now defunct file sharing software, in September last year.
You may also want to watch:
Burton was arrested at his home in October last year and his computers seized.
Officers discovered he had 242 indecent images and 495 movies.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Detective Constable Gareth Purdy said: “Burton admitted the offences as soon as officers arrived at his address.
“I hope this sends out a clear message that anyone who thinks they can access and share such images will not get away with it.
“We will find out and we will catch up with you.”