Man who repeatedly raped a 14-year-old girl jailed for 11 years.
- Credit: Archant
A man who repeatedly raped a 14-year-old girl has been jailed for 11 years.
David Dixon attacked the teenager on three separate occasions last summer then threatened her after he was arrested following a tip-off about the abuse.
Dixon, of Cross Street, Farcet, raped the girl in his caravan and a hut near to Crown Lakes after grooming her over several months. After he heard that police were investigating the claims, he tracked down the victim and pinned her against a wall, threatening her family if she spoke to police.
However, she found finally disclosed the abuse to a teacher at her school in September.
Dixon was arrested on September 18.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old had to be Tasered during the arrest after he refused to put down an axe he had been using to cut wood with and wielded it towards officers.
Dixon denied the charges but was convicted of three counts of rape, sexual activity with a child and common assault following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
He was also convicted of possessing a bladed article and witness intimidation after an incident in which he threatened a man connected to the case with a machete.
He was jailed for a total of 11 years today (Friday).
Detective Constable Mark Andrews said: “This is a case of a 28-year-old man targeting a vulnerable young girl and taking advantage of her.
“However, she has shown great bravery in coming forward to police and then giving evidence against him at court.
“Dixon is a deeply unpleasant man, who thinks nothing of using violence to get what he wants. We will not tolerate such behaviour and will seek to put such offenders before the courts.”