Man from London arrested following two burglaries and another two attempts in Fens
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s from London has been arrested following two burglaries – and a further two attempts – at homes in Fenland.
Brazen Manea residents have been praised after confronting a suspect on Sunday (August 9) after two burglaries on Station Road in the Fen village.
Ben Thomas, Chris Paice, Jack Tuck and David Cole reportedly found the suspect and waited for the police to arrive to make an arrest.
Mr Thomas said: “Hope you all sleep well tonight knowing the man’s off the streets.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “At about 6.04pm on August 9, a man in his 30s from London was arrested on suspicion of two burglaries and two attempted burglaries in Station Road, Manea.
You may also want to watch:
“The arrest relates to two attempted and one burglary in Manea on August 9 and one burglary in Friday Bridge on July 23.
“He remains in Thorpe Wood Police Station at this time.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit