Manea Girlguides wow villagers at group’s first Christmas concert
RAINBOWS, Brownies and Guides from Manea delighted an audience of nearly 100 villagers during their first Christmas concert.
More than 50 girls took to the stage in the village hall to thrill the crowd with a host of Christmas songs. Some of the group completed their special ‘entertainer badges’ on the night.
The Rainbows and Brownies starred with songs, readings and poems before the Guides finished the evening in style with a performance of Cinderella in Rhyme - complete with their own costumes, set and props.
Volunteer Jess Bond said: “The girls all had a brilliant time rehearsing for their concert, thanks to the dedication of our adult volunteers.
“It was great for them to all come together and share their performance with family, friends and the community in Manea.”
You may also want to watch:
The village’s first Brownies group opened in 2009. This year, the Rainbows, Brownies and Guides are planning activities including an Australia Day and celebrations for Chinese New Year.
For more information about joining the groups or helping as an adult volunteer, call the county office on 01223 813917.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire