Manea man found guilty of sexually abusing two children and raping a woman is jailed for 23 years
- Credit: Archant
A Manea man who raped a young girl, sexually abused another and raped and physically abused a woman was jailed for 23 years.
George Moseley, 38, was described in court as posing a “significant risk” to women and was given an extended sentence of a further four years, which means he will be supervised by probation after his release until he is aged 65.
Moseley, of Charlemont Drive, Manea, was convicted at St Albans Crown Court of causing actual bodily harm to the woman between 1 June 2001 and 24 August 2012 in Watord.
He was also convicted of the rape of the woman between 1 May 2004 and 24 August 2012, unlawfully wounding her with a mug between 1 January 2010 and 31 December 2010 and unlawfully wounding her with a Stanley Knife between 1 November 2010 and 30 January 2011.
He was convicted of the oral rape of a child aged between nine and 13 years between 2 May 2004 and 1 May 2008 and vaginal rape of the same child aged under 13 between the same dates and inciting another girl aged 13 to engage in sexual activity between 4 September 2007 and 3 September 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Moseley, who stills maintains his innocence, claimed there had been a conspiracy by his accusers.
Jailing him, Judge Stephen Gullick said: “The woman victim said you had: ‘No soul, no mercy, no compassion, no conscience.” He went on: “You pose a significant risk to females. I am satisfied you are dangerous.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend