MANEA: Savage dogs terrorise village as lamb and kitten are mauled to death
VILLAGERS say they are living in fear of savage dogs that are terrorising Manea and killing family pets.
A kitten and a lamb were killed by the dogs on Monday and residents have formed a group to demand the authorities take action.
They claim to have reported hundreds of incidents involving the dogs to police and the RSPCA over the last six years.
But the dogs’ owner – who would only identify herself as Mrs Smart – said she had already destroyed one and claimed she had done everything possible to keep them secure inside her property.
Smallholder Caroline Mills called 999 after she was cornered by a German Shepherd on Monday. The dog had just mauled one of her lambs death and injured two others.
You may also want to watch:
Another resident, who did not want to be identified, told the Cambs Times how she could only watch as two dogs killed her pet kitten.
Lesley Kennedy, who helped to form the action group, said: “If you got everyone together who had been attacked by these dogs you would need to hire the village hall.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
• FOR THE FULL STORY SEE TOMORROW’S CAMBS TIMES.