Manea singer Tom Kennedy excited about first ever TV performance
MANEA musician Tom Kennedy will make his TV debut later this month.
The singer has been invited to record two songs and two interviews on Music Express TV, a satelite TV station.
The 68-year-old is used to playing in front of hundreds of people but admits appearing on TV will be an exciting new experience.
He said: “This will be the biggest audience of my life and a great way to promote my CD.”
Tom has been performing in the Fenland area for the past eight years and currently plays four gigs a week.
You may also want to watch:
His concert at March Trinity Church in April this year was attended by 150 people and he has made several appearances at the annual Doddington Village Show.
He describes his music as ‘easy-listening’ with influences from Daniel O’Donnell.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Tom believes nothing compares to the thrill of performing live in front of his devoted fans.
He said: “If I wanted a career I would have started doing this 40 years ago but I find what I’m doing very satisfying.
“It is a great feeling when I walk off the stage knowing I have given pleasure to people who have come to see me.”
You can catch Tom on Sky Channel 201 and FreeSat 400 on November 25 at 9pm.