Size isn’t everything - except when you’re trying to turn on a Fenland road
- Credit: Archant
For the second time in 24 hours a lorry has come to grief on Fenland roads.
The unfortunate driver this time only discovered how soft are the Fen verges when he tried a manoeuvre on the approach to Doddington. It wasn’t the successful turn he had expected or hoped for.
Traffic was, of course, held up whilst the driver sought help.
“When we went through, the driver was walking about flapping his arms,” said an on the spot observer.
“I think he’s there for a few more hours yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday an HGV driver attempting a U-turn on the A141 near Wimblington also discovered the error of his ways.
And he didn’t have the excuse, as today’s driver did, of snowy driving conditions.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit