Size isn’t everything - except when you’re trying to turn on a Fenland road
- Credit: Archant
For the second time in 24 hours a lorry has come to grief on Fenland roads.
The unfortunate driver this time only discovered how soft are the Fen verges when he tried a manoeuvre on the approach to Doddington. It wasn’t the successful turn he had expected or hoped for.
Traffic was, of course, held up whilst the driver sought help.
“When we went through, the driver was walking about flapping his arms,” said an on the spot observer.
“I think he’s there for a few more hours yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday an HGV driver attempting a U-turn on the A141 near Wimblington also discovered the error of his ways.
And he didn’t have the excuse, as today’s driver did, of snowy driving conditions.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 7 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road