Size isn’t everything - except when you’re trying to turn on a Fenland road
- Credit: Archant
For the second time in 24 hours a lorry has come to grief on Fenland roads.
The unfortunate driver this time only discovered how soft are the Fen verges when he tried a manoeuvre on the approach to Doddington. It wasn’t the successful turn he had expected or hoped for.
Traffic was, of course, held up whilst the driver sought help.
“When we went through, the driver was walking about flapping his arms,” said an on the spot observer.
“I think he’s there for a few more hours yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday an HGV driver attempting a U-turn on the A141 near Wimblington also discovered the error of his ways.
And he didn’t have the excuse, as today’s driver did, of snowy driving conditions.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover