Maple Grove Pre-school fair brings Santa to March
Maple Grove Community Pre-school hosted their annual Christmas fair this Saturday and raised over �800.
The festive event proved very popular. Boasting stalls, a raffle, a teddy tombola, a treasure hunt and games and competitions to entertain the kids, the weekend arrangement enabled more merry relatives to take part, with parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles tagging along to help celebrate the Christian holiday.
Helen Cliss, deputy manager of Maple Grove, said: “It went very well. It was well attended and enjoyed by all. Everybody left happy.”
Despite the abundance of amusements, Santa Claus’ arrival was a treat for the pre-schoolers and they were keen to list all the gifts they wanted this Christmas – including a purple cat!
The fair was organised by the schools’ fundraising committee and a team of enthusiastic helpers. In total, �825 was raised by attendees and generous outside donators.
Ms Cliss said:“I would like to thank all the people and businesses that supported us and contributed to the event.”
The money will go towards Maple Grove’s toy and equipment budget. Ho, ho, ho!
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild