Maple Grove Pre-school fair brings Santa to March
Maple Grove Community Pre-school hosted their annual Christmas fair this Saturday and raised over �800.
The festive event proved very popular. Boasting stalls, a raffle, a teddy tombola, a treasure hunt and games and competitions to entertain the kids, the weekend arrangement enabled more merry relatives to take part, with parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles tagging along to help celebrate the Christian holiday.
Helen Cliss, deputy manager of Maple Grove, said: “It went very well. It was well attended and enjoyed by all. Everybody left happy.”
Despite the abundance of amusements, Santa Claus’ arrival was a treat for the pre-schoolers and they were keen to list all the gifts they wanted this Christmas – including a purple cat!
The fair was organised by the schools’ fundraising committee and a team of enthusiastic helpers. In total, �825 was raised by attendees and generous outside donators.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Cliss said:“I would like to thank all the people and businesses that supported us and contributed to the event.”
The money will go towards Maple Grove’s toy and equipment budget. Ho, ho, ho!
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run