March 1220 Squadron flies the flag for Cambridgeshire at annual presentation evening
AIR Cadets celebrated their achievements at March 1220 Squadron’s annual presentation evening.
More than 100 guests packed St Peter’s Church hall in March to review last year’s accomplishments and the enrolment of the squadron’s newest members.
Flt Lt Kirsty Burnham highlighted some of 1220’s main successes before Air Commodore Neville Parton presented individual awards.
Flt Sgt Alexa Ferguson was awarded Excellence in the field of Aviation and Cdt Matthew Wilson was crowned Best New Recruit. Cdt Sophie Radley picked up the gong for Best Junior Cadet and Sgt Simon Foster, the best senior.
March 1220 were also crowned this year’s winners of the Walker Trophy for being the best squadron in the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire win.
You may also want to watch:
For further info on 1220 visit www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 5 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 8 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 9 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover