March 1220 Squadron flies the flag for Cambridgeshire at annual presentation evening
AIR Cadets celebrated their achievements at March 1220 Squadron’s annual presentation evening.
More than 100 guests packed St Peter’s Church hall in March to review last year’s accomplishments and the enrolment of the squadron’s newest members.
Flt Lt Kirsty Burnham highlighted some of 1220’s main successes before Air Commodore Neville Parton presented individual awards.
Flt Sgt Alexa Ferguson was awarded Excellence in the field of Aviation and Cdt Matthew Wilson was crowned Best New Recruit. Cdt Sophie Radley picked up the gong for Best Junior Cadet and Sgt Simon Foster, the best senior.
March 1220 were also crowned this year’s winners of the Walker Trophy for being the best squadron in the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire win.
You may also want to watch:
For further info on 1220 visit www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail