March air cadet enjoyed international exchange camp in Germany
A MARCH air cadet joined a small group of lucky recruits who were chosen to join an international exchange camp in Germany.
Flt Sgt Alex Ogden from the March 1220 Squadron spent two weeks at the International Air Cadet Exchange camp which bought together cadets from across the world.
Cadets visited many German cities and famous landmarks while also getting the opportunity to fly through the Bavarian Mountains.
Flt Sgt Ogden said: “It was amazing going to a country which I knew very little about and coming back knowing so much.
“It was great to meet people from so many countries who have one thing in common - being an Air Cadet. It was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on.”
You may also want to watch:
Back home, some of his fellow March air cadets joined together to raise �90 for team t-shirts with a fundraising cake stall in the March Market place.
Corporals Katie Dickson, Daniel Lowe, Matt Wilson and Cadet Warrant Officer Alexa Ferguson manned the stall.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
They thanked WH Smith, March Quality Meats, Abracadabra, March Stationary & Print and Open Chest for their continued support of the squadron.