March Air Cadets enjoy Peak District adventure
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets enjoyed a three day exhibition in the Peak District as they moved a step closer to completing a prestigious award.
Cadets from 1220 (March) Squadron, who are working towards their silver Duke of Edinburgh’s award, camped in the centre of Edale and completed three different routes.
On the final day, the cadets were challenged to find their own way to Castleton to meet the staff.
Carrying full expedition sacks, they agreed their route with the staff and set off to use their newly acquired skills.
Cadet Ewan MacRae, 15, said: “It was fun to navigate on different terrain especially as the hills allowed us to get good views.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on 1220, go to 1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens