March Air Cadets excel at shooting competition
- Credit: Archant
MARCH (1220 Squadron) Air Cadets have qualified for The Cadet Inter-Services Skill at Arms Meeting (CISSAM) for the third straight year after excelling in a shooting competition.
The cadets competed against 20 air cadet teams, 20 teams from the Army Cadet Force and 10 from the Sea Cadet Corps at the Commandant’s cup.
March’s team of four achieved an impressive 3rd place finish in the competition.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Steven Pugh, who ranked third out of all the air cadets, has been chosen to represent the Air Training Corps, earning him a Corps Blue.
He was also awarded a Cadet 50 badge for being one of the best 50 cadets in the country.
You may also want to watch:
Butts marker Corporal Alex MacRae said: “I’ve really enjoyed being a part of this competition and helping it run by doing the butts job.
“I’d really like to take part and will be working on my marksman skills to see if I can get in the team next year.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
For further information on 1220 go to www.1220atc.org.uk.