March Air Cadets pass first aid course with flying colours
- Credit: Archant
SEVEN Air Cadets from 1220 (March) Squadron were presented with their red St John Youth First Aid Award badges.
They completed a 12-week first aid course run at the Squadron HQ by Flight Sergeant Lauren Arnold and passed an assessment day.
The cadets were taught how to deal with broken bones and bleeds, when to use the recovery position, CPR (resuscitation) and what to do when a casualty is in shock.
Cadet Kyle McLean, 14, used the first aid training for the skill section of his Bronze Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
He said “I’ve really enjoyed learning a new skill and one that will be really useful.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope I never actually have to use it, but feel confident that I could deal with a situation if I needed to.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas