March air cadets prove good shots at National Air Cadets Skill at Arms Meeting
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from 1220 (March) Squadron competed at the National Air Cadet Skill at Arms Meeting.
The competition, which was held over two days on the ranges at Pirbright in Surrey, included four different competitions.
On day one the March squadron came third in the shoot from the fire trench from a distance of 300m and Rifle pairs competitions.
The final days’ shooting was two competitions that both included run downs. Upon sight of a target the firers have to advance to the firing point, load their weapon and engage the target within a limited amount of time.
The squadron improved on the second competition and again secured third position.
You may also want to watch:
Cadet Callum Willox, 16, said: “It was another great opportunity to do something with air cadets that I wouldn’t be able to do as a civilian, and I think we did our best.”
For more information on 1220, go to 1220atc.org.uk
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed