March air cadets put newly acquired navigation skills to the test
- Credit: Archant
Four air cadets received an award after completing a map-reading course.
The cadets, of 1220 (March) Squadron, achieved the Bronze National Navigation Award.
During the 12 week course, they were taught about grid references, map symbols and route planning.
The final challenge saw each cadet lead the group to an unfamiliar location.
Flt Lt Kirsty Burnham said, “It is a good foundation for the cadets to build on as they will use their navigation skills a lot in their cadet career, particularly if they take part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on 1220, go to 1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire