March air cadets tackle camping trip for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
AIR cadets from March 1220 Squadron have completed a camping expedition to Peterborough as part of their Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards.
Two groups of cadets, taking part in the award at bronze level, brought the expedition season to a close by travelling to Wansford.
Their journey took them from Ferry Meadows to a camp overnight at Sacrewell Farm, before reaching Wansford the following day. Members of the team planned their route, activities and even their own menus.
Cadet Kalum Mueller said: “I really enjoyed cooking bacon rolls for breakfast, the taste was worth carrying the load. I’m not sure that I’ll do the same again at the next level though!
“I’m pleased I’ve completed the expedition and am looking forward to finishing the other parts of the award.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Steven Pugh and Corporal Daniel Lowe, from the squadron, have both completed their gold award. Cadet Adam Flack has achieved a bronze award.
For more information on 1220 visit: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens