March air cadets tackle camping trip for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
AIR cadets from March 1220 Squadron have completed a camping expedition to Peterborough as part of their Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards.
Two groups of cadets, taking part in the award at bronze level, brought the expedition season to a close by travelling to Wansford.
Their journey took them from Ferry Meadows to a camp overnight at Sacrewell Farm, before reaching Wansford the following day. Members of the team planned their route, activities and even their own menus.
Cadet Kalum Mueller said: “I really enjoyed cooking bacon rolls for breakfast, the taste was worth carrying the load. I’m not sure that I’ll do the same again at the next level though!
“I’m pleased I’ve completed the expedition and am looking forward to finishing the other parts of the award.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Steven Pugh and Corporal Daniel Lowe, from the squadron, have both completed their gold award. Cadet Adam Flack has achieved a bronze award.
For more information on 1220 visit: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail