March air cadets tackle camping trip for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
AIR cadets from March 1220 Squadron have completed a camping expedition to Peterborough as part of their Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards.
Two groups of cadets, taking part in the award at bronze level, brought the expedition season to a close by travelling to Wansford.
Their journey took them from Ferry Meadows to a camp overnight at Sacrewell Farm, before reaching Wansford the following day. Members of the team planned their route, activities and even their own menus.
Cadet Kalum Mueller said: “I really enjoyed cooking bacon rolls for breakfast, the taste was worth carrying the load. I’m not sure that I’ll do the same again at the next level though!
“I’m pleased I’ve completed the expedition and am looking forward to finishing the other parts of the award.”
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Steven Pugh and Corporal Daniel Lowe, from the squadron, have both completed their gold award. Cadet Adam Flack has achieved a bronze award.
For more information on 1220 visit: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal