March and Chatteris teens boat trip around Isle of Wight for National Citizen Service graduate programme
- Credit: Archant
Ten teenagers from March and Chatteris battled sea sickness and worked together to complete a 122-mile boat trip around the Isle of Wight.
The trip, in partnership with the Rona Sailing Project, was part of a National Citizen Service (NCS) graduate programme.
The squad left from Southampton to learn about crewing a boat and working and living together as a team. All were awarded a Start Yachting certificate as a result.
The trip was a follow-on from their summer NCS programme and aimed to further develop their teamwork and leadership skills.
Organisers are now in the process of recruiting for the next NCS summer programme.
You may also want to watch:
Any young people, aged 15 to 18, who have left or are leaving Year 11 this year, who may be interested should contact Vicki Wright, senior young people’s worker at March and Chatteris Locality Team, on 01354 750359 or via email: Vicki.email@example.com
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital