March and District Flower Club
SECRETARY June Dempsey welcomed members to the February meeting. It was with sadness June announced the resignation of chairman Edith Jones who is moving away from the area. The speakers for the evening were Mr and Mrs Arthur Dunham, with a talk and slide
SECRETARY June Dempsey welcomed members to the February meeting.
It was with sadness June announced the resignation of chairman Edith Jones who is moving away from the area.
The speakers for the evening were Mr and Mrs Arthur Dunham, with a talk and slides of their dream, Dunhams Wood.
Margaret Dunham explained how they always wanted to plant a wood and started with five acres of barren land and how they gradually planted trees and shrubs and created a paradise for children and groups alike.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret gave a very descriptive talk about the wood and how the little trains and sculptures all came into being. The talk was accompanied by slides which brought it all to life. It has been running for 21 years.
Marie Whittlesea thanked Mr and Mrs Dunham for coming at short notice and giving such an entertaining evening.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
The next meeting will be held on March 13, when the demonstrator will be Mrs Barbara Harrold from Stoke Holycross with the title Colour My World.
New members are always welcomed. The group meet at the Trinity Church hall starting at 7pm.