March And District Model Railway Club’s 11th annual exhibition hailed ‘most successful yet’
- Credit: Archant
March And District Model Railway Club held its 11th annual and “most successful exhibition yet” on Saturday.
The club displayed 14 layouts and there were seven traders who enjoyed “brisk business” during the day, said club secretary Mike Wyldbore.
“It went very, very well indeed. I really do think we’ve had more people this year than we have for a long while.
“Our members are from all across Fenland but we have visitors come from all over - some as far as Cambridge, Lincoln and Letchworth.
“We put on these exhibitions to show off our work and the layouts that are available, and to help make a bit of money towards the running of our club.
“The layout operators also commented on the appreciation they have had from visitors.
“I’d like to say a big thank-you to all those who assisted with putting it together.”
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 8 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 9 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 10 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
Carlton Le Willows, one of the exhibitors, said: “Well that was an adventure and a big eye opening experience doing a model exhibition.
“Thanks to March model club for the invitation.
“We all managed get through the day with only four hours sleep.
“All in all a lot of lessons learned for next time, but the layout went down well with everyone.”
One person who attended the exhibition said: “There were some great layouts and traders.
“One of the best exhibitions that the club has held.”
The club’s next exhibition, where they will team up with the local scout group, is to be held in Whittlesey on July 8.