March And District Model Railway Club’s 11th annual exhibition hailed ‘most successful yet’
- Credit: Archant
March And District Model Railway Club held its 11th annual and “most successful exhibition yet” on Saturday.
The club displayed 14 layouts and there were seven traders who enjoyed “brisk business” during the day, said club secretary Mike Wyldbore.
“It went very, very well indeed. I really do think we’ve had more people this year than we have for a long while.
“Our members are from all across Fenland but we have visitors come from all over - some as far as Cambridge, Lincoln and Letchworth.
“We put on these exhibitions to show off our work and the layouts that are available, and to help make a bit of money towards the running of our club.
You may also want to watch:
“The layout operators also commented on the appreciation they have had from visitors.
“I’d like to say a big thank-you to all those who assisted with putting it together.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
Carlton Le Willows, one of the exhibitors, said: “Well that was an adventure and a big eye opening experience doing a model exhibition.
“Thanks to March model club for the invitation.
“We all managed get through the day with only four hours sleep.
“All in all a lot of lessons learned for next time, but the layout went down well with everyone.”
One person who attended the exhibition said: “There were some great layouts and traders.
“One of the best exhibitions that the club has held.”
The club’s next exhibition, where they will team up with the local scout group, is to be held in Whittlesey on July 8.