March and Wisbech army cadets join more than 200 cadets for Easter holiday break
- Credit: Archant
Thirty cadets from Wisbech and March Detachment joined more than 200 cadets for an Easter holiday break at Wretham Army Camp in Thetford.
During their stay they undertook navigation, fieldcraft, first aid training and basic field skills.
The cadets spent time with Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force’s Senior Padre Ryk Parkinson, who will be known to many as the associate parish priest of Wisbech St Mary, Gorefield and Parson Drove.
Padre Ryk spent 24 years as an Officer in the Royal Engineers before being ordained into the Church.
He said: “Being a Padre gives me the chance to work alongside the cadets and adult leaders in providing support, guidance and above all just a listening ear.
You may also want to watch:
“It is great to work with the youngsters and see their progression through life”.
Anyone interested in joining should visit www.cambsacf.com or pop along to the Wisbech Detachment on a Tuesday evening or March Detachment on a Thursday evening.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire