March announce Jubilee plans
THE preparations for the town’s Jubilee celebrations have begun in earnest.
March Town Council has announced its plans for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
By the end of the month new railings will be erected along the River Nene in Elwyn Road ready for the celebrations to begin on the bank holiday Monday.
At 9.30pm on June 4 March Brass 2000 will play in West End Park, where a hog roast will be provided - partly sponsored by Sainsbury’s.
At 10.15pm a celebratory beacon will be lit in the park - just one of more than 4,000 being lit across the country to mark the Queen’s 60 years on the throne.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the council said: “We hope as many people as possible will attend to celebrate this once in a lifetime event.”
*MARCH Royal British Legion Club will celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with a range of attractions and activities.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
On Bank Holiday Monday at the Legion, in Rookswood Road, there will be charity stalls, a bric-a-bric stall, a balloon race, fancy dress, pony rides, a bbq, presentation of special celebration mugs and cream tea.
The Legion is open from 12pm until late and non members have been invited to join the occasion.
More more details contact 01354 652233 or 01354 660742.