March apprentice Natasha wins Care Apprentice of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
A childcare apprentice from March has won an Apprentice of the Year award for her outstanding work at her nursery and at college.
Natasha Bidwell, 20, of Collingwood Avenue, won the Care Apprentice of the Year award at Cambridge Regional College, where she was praised as a valued member of her team.
The college’s annual awards celebrate the achievements of apprentices who train with CRC and work in businesses across the region.
Natasha, who works at Wigwam Nurseries in Brampton, is on an early years apprenticeship, said: “I love working with children and I have enjoyed learning and being able to improve on my skills.
“I would recommend an apprenticeship - everything you learn at work goes into your college work and vice versa. I’m very pleased with the award.”
You may also want to watch:
Paul Skitt, head of employer engagement at Cambridge Regional College, said Natasha was a very worthy winner.
“She is a highly valued member of the team at Wigwam Nurseries, where she supports and guides new members of staff,” he said.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
“At work she focuses on the children’s needs in a fun and interesting way.”