March ATC girls lead the way with record haul of medals at athletics championships
FEMALE cadets from the March Air Training Corps bagged a record haul of medals at the Inter-Squadron Athletics Championships.
The athletes from the 1220 Squadron took on cadets from across Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire in the annual meeting held at Bedford Athletics Stadium.
A total of 22 March cadets took part in the track and field events with the junior girls leading the way, finishing tied for second place.
The senior girls finished just outside the top three - but the combined team effort meant that March netted the overall girls competition.
Newly-promoted cadet, and team captain, Sergeant Lauren Arnold collected the trophy after winning several medals herself - including gold in the 400m. She will go on to represent the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing later this month.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was a great team effort and I was very pleased to see so many of our new cadets making their mark.”
For further information on the 1220 Squadron visit their website: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl