March ATC girls lead the way with record haul of medals at athletics championships
FEMALE cadets from the March Air Training Corps bagged a record haul of medals at the Inter-Squadron Athletics Championships.
The athletes from the 1220 Squadron took on cadets from across Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire in the annual meeting held at Bedford Athletics Stadium.
A total of 22 March cadets took part in the track and field events with the junior girls leading the way, finishing tied for second place.
The senior girls finished just outside the top three - but the combined team effort meant that March netted the overall girls competition.
Newly-promoted cadet, and team captain, Sergeant Lauren Arnold collected the trophy after winning several medals herself - including gold in the 400m. She will go on to represent the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing later this month.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was a great team effort and I was very pleased to see so many of our new cadets making their mark.”
For further information on the 1220 Squadron visit their website: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease