Former March Athletic Club member is running 307-miles in Alaska’s Iditasport Extreme Run
- Credit: Archant
A former member of March Athletic Club who now lives in Colorado is nearing the end of a 307-mile race in the United States.
Sean Brown, 49, who was raised in March, is taking on Alaskan winter event Iditasport Extreme Run, having grown up in Fenland regularly running with his parents.
His dad Pat said: “They have to go through very strict training before the race.
“It’s a test of physical and mental strength and tenacity.”
“He’s doing it because he’s balmy,” added Sean’s mum Maura.
You may also want to watch:
“Sean started running when he was about six years old, and he competed in his first race at the age of seven.”
Iditasport Extreme follows the Iditarod/Iron Dog route from Willow and ends in the village of McGrath, Alaska.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
Sean has also taken part in the Mount Everest Marathon and a race in the Gobi Desert.
To keep track of Sean’s progress go to https://iditasportalaska.com/