March Athletic Club members achieve personal bests as they complete marathon
- Credit: Archant
Eight members of March Athletic Club travelled to Manchester at the weekend to take part in the 26.2 mile marathon, with two achieving personal best Andrew
Wool has been stretching himself over the last year to reach marathon distance and it paid off when he completed the race with a personal best time of three hours 21 minutes and 59 seconds.
Representing the ladies was Megan Ayling, again also shown great determination in her running and training.
She had a great race completing in a time of three hours 55 minutes and 46 seconds which was a personal best.
First home for the club was Andy Cole with an impressive time of 3.13.53 followed by Mike Boxall, 3.18.32, Mick Stacey 3.19.53, Andrew Wool 3.21.59pb, Megan Ayling 3.55.46pb, Gaelle Bryant 4.28.28, Sam Wool 4.38.07, Rachel Boxall 4.46.29.
You may also want to watch:
The club meets every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 6.15pm. Training takes placea at Elm Road Sports Field, Elm Road.
For more information about the club visit their website: www.marchac.co.uk
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government