March automative business gets behind the Hares and town’s boxing club
- Credit: Archant
Two March sport clubs have received a cash boost from one of the town’s automotive businesses.
March Town United were given £350 by The Tyre & MOT Place, of Commercial Road, while March ABC received £150.
The cheques were presented by company founder Mark Brittain to Hares club secretary Mark Bennett and March ABC representatives Councillor Will Sutton and Bernie Wing.
The business, for the second straight year, ran a promotion in partnership with Kumho Tyres where customers were asked to choose which sports club they would like to see receive support.
March Town came out on top, with the boxing club close runners-up.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bennett said: “This is the second time the company has supported us. We always appreciate the support of local businesses.
“We will put the money towards the club’s new facilities. Running a sports club at the moment is tough so every little helps.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
Mr Wing said: “The money is like 100 boys coming through the door. There are lots of things we need to buy and this donation will help us do this. We really appreciate the gesture.”
Mr Brittain said: “We set up a box in the branch and asked our customers to vote for a cause. It is good to give something back to the town.”