Shop Local: Cakes and Daisies in March staying positive to ‘go that one step further’ for its customers
- Credit: Archant
Kelly Grey, manager of Cakes and Daisies, is certainly not one to sport a frown when the chips are down.
After Kelly asked a customer how business has been getting on, they simply said “we’re alright!”, summing up the positive mood in what has been a dark period for local traders.
“We have a lot of laughs,” Kelly said.
“We have time for our customers; we even phoned them up during lockdown. We rang them once a week, just to see if they were alright.”
Hot drinks and scones topped with decorative cakes, including a lookalike of children’s television character Peppa Pig, were on hand to serve up the perfect ointment to a cold morning.
Kelly, who has managed the business for two years, admitted that some of her regular customers are uncomfortable in returning just yet.
But with the success of their delivery service during lockdown, she believes this can be a platform for progress.
- 1 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 7 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
“I think it’s the unknowing and whether it’s safe,” Kelly said. “The quality of food is good; we cook our own ham and turkey too!
“We also did a delivery service to people who were self-isolating and have made a lot of friends. We go that one step further.”
Visit Cakes and Daisies on 2 Dartford Road or call 01354 655855.