Shop Local: Cakes and Daisies in March staying positive to ‘go that one step further’ for its customers
- Credit: Archant
Kelly Grey, manager of Cakes and Daisies, is certainly not one to sport a frown when the chips are down.
After Kelly asked a customer how business has been getting on, they simply said “we’re alright!”, summing up the positive mood in what has been a dark period for local traders.
“We have a lot of laughs,” Kelly said.
“We have time for our customers; we even phoned them up during lockdown. We rang them once a week, just to see if they were alright.”
Hot drinks and scones topped with decorative cakes, including a lookalike of children’s television character Peppa Pig, were on hand to serve up the perfect ointment to a cold morning.
You may also want to watch:
Kelly, who has managed the business for two years, admitted that some of her regular customers are uncomfortable in returning just yet.
But with the success of their delivery service during lockdown, she believes this can be a platform for progress.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
“I think it’s the unknowing and whether it’s safe,” Kelly said. “The quality of food is good; we cook our own ham and turkey too!
“We also did a delivery service to people who were self-isolating and have made a lot of friends. We go that one step further.”
Visit Cakes and Daisies on 2 Dartford Road or call 01354 655855.