March beats last year’s fund raising total for the Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Archant
A huge thank you has been sent to all the businesses, schools and individuals in March who supported this years Poppy Appeal to raise £24,248.01.
The money brought in exceeds last year’s total.
Kay Larham, honorary Poppy Appeal organisers for the March branch of the Royal British Legion, said; “Thank you to Lidl Sainsbury and Tesco for allowing us to collect in store during the Remembrance period.
“To our army of volunteers who manned the supermarket stands, delivered boxes, and carried out the street and house to house collections.
“To Linda and Terry Stevens at March Braza Club who provided the venue and helped us organise The Poppy Dance and to everyone who supported that event which raised £1,250.
You may also want to watch:
“Also to the staff at Lloyds Bank who help us with the counting and last but not least the people of March for their continued support and generosity. Well done March.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town