March Brass 2000 hopes to hit the right note at new practice venue
- Credit: Archant
A new era at March Brass has begun.
The group has moved its practice venue to St Peter’s Church due to the rising costs at the Roman Catholic Church Hall.
Chairman, Peter Sutterby, said: “It is with sadness that we leave the Roman Catholic Church, but we are very grateful to Rev Andrew Smith at St Peter’s Church for giving us a new home and supporting the band.
“We are very proud of our history and the important thing is that the band continues to play on.
“The band celebrated 125 years last year and are proud to maintain a brass band in this part of Fenland performing at various venues across the area.”
You may also want to watch:
The band went on to provide the music for the congregation at the town’s Remembrance service on November 12.
The band is always looking for new members. If you are interested, contact secretary Liley Eddy on 07852 247196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4