March Brass 2000 secretary retires after 22 years
March Brass 2000 have said goodbye to band secretary Deb Watts after 22 years of service.
“Deb has worked tirelessly for the band including obtaining a grant of £55,000 which the band used to purchase new instruments.” said secretary Liley Eddy.
“She came to the band with her twin boys who played in the band with their grandad and never left.”
Chairman Peter Sutterby added: “It has been a pleasure to work with Deb over the years and she will be sorely missed.”
To celebrate 125 years, the band recently joined Brighouse and Rastrick band for a concert in March this year.
You may also want to watch:
Deb said: “The band has been a large part of my life for so long and I wish the band every success for the next 125 years.”
March Brass 2000 is a family-orientated non-contesting band. The group attends various functions throughout the year.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
For more information contact secretary Liley Eddy on 07852247196or or email firstname.lastname@example.org