March Brass 2000 to mark 125-year anniversary with special concert
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate its 125-year anniversary, March Brass 2000 is bringing top brass band The Brighouse and Rastrick Band to March later this year.
After months of fundraising, the concert will take place at Neale-Wade Academy on September 17. Starts 7pm.
Tickets; £10 (seated) or £12 (raised seats) available from Co-operative Travel, Broad Street, March or call 01354 650945.
March Brass 2000 practice on Mondays from 7 to 9pm at the Roman Catholic Church Hall, St Johns Road, March.
Between 6.15pm and 7pm on August 1 and 8, there will be two special Junior Band sessions for grades 1-4, with the idea of encouraging new brass players in the area and to allow them experience playing in a larger group.
You may also want to watch:
Beth Letts is running the junior sessions and chairman Peter Sutterby is available most band practices.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level