March British Legion hold first meeting of 2015
- Credit: Archant
The Royal British Legion had very good attendance at the first meeting of the year where members were upstanding for the exhortation and silent tribute given by President Barry Howlett.
Chairman Peter Mitchell welcomed members and wished everyone a happy healthy and prosperous new year.
Dates were confirmed for the service of remembrance and band concert to be held at St Peters Church on October 23 and the Poppy Dance at March Braza Club on October 16, both are in aid of The Poppy Appeal.
The current Poppy Appeal total for March is £20,930.61.
The Goody Parcel appeal continues with 1,109 parcels having now been sent to troops serving in Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
Arrangements are in hand for the dedication of the new branch standard.
The next meeting will be held at March Royal British Legion Club, West End, March on Tuesday February 3 at 7.45 p.m.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend