March Brownies hop across the Channel for a birthday bash
- Credit: Archant
Young members of the 4th March Brownies have returned from a fun-filled four-day international adventure to celebrate the 100th birthday of Brownies.
The six girls, all aged seven to 10, joined Brownies from all over the UK for Euro Hop – a one-off girl-only trip organised to mark The Big Brownie Birthday.
The young holiday-makers boarded a coach bound for Château d’Ebblinghem in Northern France where during their stay, they had the chance to try out sand yachting, tour a chocolate factory and enjoy a French-themed soirée.
They also had the choice of a range of evening activities – including a disco to celebrate in style.
Lucy, seven, 7 said: “Our trip to France was brilliant – it was really fun going on holiday with my friends. My favourite bit was the sand yachting – I’d never tried it before and it was so exciting.”
You may also want to watch:
International adventures like Eurohop are just part of the range of activities, challenges and exciting opportunities open to Brownies.
Girls take part in a hugely varied weekly programme, incorporating everything from stargazing, world issues and science to abseiling, canoeing and zip-wiring.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire