Our readers help to trace prolific burglar from March caught after he was recognised when CCTV images were posted on line
- Credit: Archant
A man who went on a burglary spree in March was identified after CCTV images were posted to the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard websites.
An eagle eyed reader spotted the photos and recognise the man, Robert Brammer who had been caught on camera climbing over a fence and stealing a telescope.
Police said the “prolific burglar” was caught and convicted following the public appeal.
Brammer, 42, stole the telescope from a house in Upwell Road, March, on Sunday, August 5.
A police spokesman said: “He was arrested on Wednesday, August 29, after a member of the public identified him from the pictures.
“During an interview he admitted to a further seven burglaries in the March area between June and August.”
Brammer, of Wisbech Road, March, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court last Thursday (November 1) after pleading guilty to burglary.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
- 9 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
He was sentenced to 16 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, and must also complete 150 hours of unpaid work and a nine-month drug rehabilitation programme.
DS Mark Plitsch said: “Brammer is a prolific burglar and thanks to the help of the public we were able to identify him and bring him to justice.
“Tackling burglary is a force priority as the effect it has on families can be devastating.”
To find out more about and how you can protect your home, visit our website: https://www.cambs.police.uk/A-Z/Burglary