Our readers help to trace prolific burglar from March caught after he was recognised when CCTV images were posted on line
- Credit: Archant
A man who went on a burglary spree in March was identified after CCTV images were posted to the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard websites.
An eagle eyed reader spotted the photos and recognise the man, Robert Brammer who had been caught on camera climbing over a fence and stealing a telescope.
Police said the “prolific burglar” was caught and convicted following the public appeal.
Brammer, 42, stole the telescope from a house in Upwell Road, March, on Sunday, August 5.
A police spokesman said: “He was arrested on Wednesday, August 29, after a member of the public identified him from the pictures.
You may also want to watch:
“During an interview he admitted to a further seven burglaries in the March area between June and August.”
Brammer, of Wisbech Road, March, appeared at Cambridge Crown Court last Thursday (November 1) after pleading guilty to burglary.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
He was sentenced to 16 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years, and must also complete 150 hours of unpaid work and a nine-month drug rehabilitation programme.
DS Mark Plitsch said: “Brammer is a prolific burglar and thanks to the help of the public we were able to identify him and bring him to justice.
“Tackling burglary is a force priority as the effect it has on families can be devastating.”
To find out more about and how you can protect your home, visit our website: https://www.cambs.police.uk/A-Z/Burglary