March cadet, 17, shines as she becomes one of only three to complete prestigious leadership course
- Credit: Archant
A cadet from 1220 (March) Squadron Air Training Corps was one of only three cadets from Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing to complete a prestigious cadet leadership course this year.
Cadet Sergeant Chanel Ogden, 17, achieved an “above average” grade after completing a mentally and physically demanding Cadet Leadership Course at Frimley Park Cadet Training Centre.
Throughout the week, Odgen was assessed on various aspects of leadership including physical robustness, confidence and teamwork.
She did two log runs followed by an obstacle course, command tasks, orienteering and a two-night fieldcraft based exercise.
On the second day of the course, Chanel was appointed as Platoon Sergeant, requiring her to lead other cadets undertaking platoon attacks. She was commended on her efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Ogden said: “I was so worried I wouldn’t be physically fit enough to cope with the demands of the course, but I was so happy to find out I was marked above average in my physical robustness.
“The course was so worthwhile, I would love to do it again myself and I would recommend it to any cadet. I now plan to pass on the leadership qualities I learnt at Frimley Park Training Centre to other cadets in my local area.”
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
1220 is recruiting. For more details on joining as a cadet or an adult volunteer, go to 1220atc.org.uk