March cadets help Christmas switch-on
THE CHRISTMAS Lights went on in March with 1220 March Sqn on duty to help things march on smoothly.
With a base established in the Town Hall, cadets were stationed in pairs with stewards and senior NCOs patrolled and monitored their activites.
Cadets provided radio communications with the Town Council on the night, covering road closures, stewards and first aid.
The Chief Steward and Red Cross First Aid Team were included in the radio ‘net’ so they could be in constant contact across the town centre.
Because of the sub-zero temperatures, the chilly cadets rotated around throughout the 4-hour exercise and came back to the Town Hall for a much needed regular warm-up with refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
It gave cadets an opportunity to take part in a structured exercise where their communication skills could be put to full use.
For further information about March sqn visit www.1220atc.org.uk .
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 3 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Daisy, 7, 'overwhelmed' by support for first charity fundraiser
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow