March cadets help Christmas switch-on
THE CHRISTMAS Lights went on in March with 1220 March Sqn on duty to help things march on smoothly.
With a base established in the Town Hall, cadets were stationed in pairs with stewards and senior NCOs patrolled and monitored their activites.
Cadets provided radio communications with the Town Council on the night, covering road closures, stewards and first aid.
The Chief Steward and Red Cross First Aid Team were included in the radio ‘net’ so they could be in constant contact across the town centre.
Because of the sub-zero temperatures, the chilly cadets rotated around throughout the 4-hour exercise and came back to the Town Hall for a much needed regular warm-up with refreshments.
It gave cadets an opportunity to take part in a structured exercise where their communication skills could be put to full use.
For further information about March sqn visit www.1220atc.org.uk .
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home