March cadets help Christmas switch-on
THE CHRISTMAS Lights went on in March with 1220 March Sqn on duty to help things march on smoothly.
With a base established in the Town Hall, cadets were stationed in pairs with stewards and senior NCOs patrolled and monitored their activites.
Cadets provided radio communications with the Town Council on the night, covering road closures, stewards and first aid.
The Chief Steward and Red Cross First Aid Team were included in the radio ‘net’ so they could be in constant contact across the town centre.
Because of the sub-zero temperatures, the chilly cadets rotated around throughout the 4-hour exercise and came back to the Town Hall for a much needed regular warm-up with refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
It gave cadets an opportunity to take part in a structured exercise where their communication skills could be put to full use.
For further information about March sqn visit www.1220atc.org.uk .
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment