March cadets recognised as best in county for third year in a row
- Credit: Archant
AIR cadets from March have been named the best squadron in Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire for the third year running.
The 1220 (March) Squadron, as winners of the Walker trophy, formed the Escort Squadron at Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing Air Training Corps’ annual parade and review at RAF Wyton.
This prestigious role involved wearing white belts and gloves and marching onto parade in front of the rest of the wing.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Daniel Lowe collected the Walker trophy on behalf of the squadron.
Officer Commanding 1220 Squadron, Flight Lieutenant Kirsty Burnham, was presented with a clasp for her Cadet Forces Medal, awarded for completing 18 years of uniformed service.
You may also want to watch:
For more information go to www.1220atc.org.uk.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire