March cadets successfully navigate their way through the fog to earn award
- Credit: Archant
SEVEN March cadets demonstrated their navigation skills on an expedition to Ramsey.
Members of the 1220 (March) Squadron are taking part in the National Navigation Award Scheme (NNAS), which encourages people to learn navigation skills, gain confidence and enjoy the countryside.
Ellie Greenwood, Calum Brownlie-Wood, Callum Moore, Macauley Milnes, Aretino Charalambos, Ewan MacRae and Frasier Casson-Rennie have completed the bronze level of the award.
On the day of the Ramsey walk it was foggy, meaning they had to be especially careful with their navigating as their visibility was limited.
Flight Lieutenant Kirsty Burnham said: “The Bronze Navigation Award is one of the first courses the air cadets at 1220 Squadron complete.
You may also want to watch:
“It provides a good basis for them to build on when they progress through their air cadet career and is particularly useful for the expedition section of the Duke of Edinburgh’s award.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 5 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 9 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 10 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line