March Can’t Sing Choir team up with March Ukulele Group to entertain residents at Jubilee Court
- Credit: Archant
Instead of their usual weekly Wednesday evening meeting at Trinity Hall, March Can’t Sing
Choir teamed up with March Ukulele Group to entertain residents at Jubilee Court.
After one week of singing and playing together the two groups came together on Wednesday September 13, with the help of Sally Rose who leads both groups, to entertain the residents and visitors.
Tracy Larham, of the group, said: “With direction from Sally and accompaniment form Paul Hayward on the piano, a number of songs were performed, in the large dining room, including Waltzing Matilda, Teddy Bear by Elvis, The Old Ohio and Fiddler on the Roof.
There were also a few with solos by the choir and ukulele group.
You may also want to watch:
“The performance lasted an hour, with the audience joining in with some of the numbers.
“After the entertainment and a rousing applause the groups were asked to perform for the residents again in the future and we all had a cup of tea and biscuits while chatting and laughing.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off